Peter Fain breaks own record in Escape from Prison Hill Half-Marathon
May 24, 2016
Thirteen miles is a distance that suits Peter Fain well.
The Truckee runner broke his own event record en route to the win in the Escape from Prison Hill Half-Marathon in Carson City last month. Fain crossed the finish of the hilly half-marathon in 1 hour, 30 minutes, which was more than 6 minutes ahead of runner-up Todd Rose of San Francisco (1:36:37).
Another Truckee runner, Helen Pelster, finished fourth among women and 37th overall (2:16:23), and Rachael Ashley of Incline Village was the fifth woman and 38th overall (2:17:00).
Meanwhile, former Incline Village resident Ross McMahan won the 10K with a time of 49:19, while his 9-year-old son Noah won the 5K in 32:30. Salomon McMahan was second in the 5K (45:33), Josiah McMahan was fourth (45:42) and Sarah McMahan fifth (45:44).
Among other half-marathon finishers from the Tahoe area, Abram Haen of Truckee finished ninth (1:50:16), Dan Baxley of Truckee was 19th (2:05:15), Sean Flanagan of Carnelian Bay was 22nd (2:06:35), Peter Broomhall of Truckee was 35th (2:16:13), Doug Meier of Truckee was 36th (2:16:21), Brad Altman of Tahoe City was 39th (2:17:55), and Wendy Wright of Truckee was the 10th woman and 49th overall (2:22:23).
The half-marathon had a field of 99 finishers.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City