PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
September 28, 2016
More than 150 runners roved the roads and trails of Truckee last Sunday for the inaugural Truckee Marathon.
Marco Capelli finished first of 40 participants in a time of 3 hours, 13 minutes, 35 seconds on the 26.2-mile course that started and finished in Historic Downtown Truckee. The runner from El Dorado Hills finished seven minutes ahead of runner-up Jay Wilsey of Truckee (3:20.31).
Truckee's Robert Schwartz (3:37.25) and Todd Tanis (3:47.41) finished third and fourth, respectively, and Sarah Correa of Citrus Heights — the top female finisher — rounded out the top five in 4:11.54.
Other local runners finishing in the top 10 were Mike Livak of Olympic Valley in sixth (4:11.54) and Robert McClendon of Truckee in eighth (4:21.10).
In the half marathon, Truckee's Kristin Walstad captured the title, clocking in at 1:38.58. Truckee's Doug Meier took third (1:50.23), followed by Tahoe City's Lance Ward followed in fourth (1:52.06).
For more information on the Truckee Marathon visit truckeemarathon.com.
Recommended Stories For You
To view more race photos, visit lefrakphotography.com.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Truckee River to remain low near Tahoe City
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City