Pop Warner: Pee Wee Rams earn third-place finish in Sagebrush Empire League
November 25, 2015
The North Lake Tahoe Rams Pee Wee Pop Warner team returned to the Snow Bowl this fall to cap its most successful season in years.
The Pee Wee Rams posted a final record of 6-4 overall and went 2-1 in the playoffs to earn a third-place finish in the Sagebrush Empire league.
Despite having a small team in both size and numbers, committed coaches, parents and players have kept the organization moving forward. This season, everything came together with fine coaching from Tim Cleary, Brian Martinez and Brad Bergstrom, who brought to Tahoe three decades of coaching experience and was the critical factor the Rams' success this year.
"When our athletes showed up on the first day of practice, it was apparent they were very motivated to succeed," Cleary said. "They achieved an impressive level of physical fitness, and were eager to learn many new fundamental skills. These young men — representing every community across the North Shore — bonded into a truly great team.
"We won some big games this year, but more importantly, everyone on the team played with a lot of heart for each other. That was the real success. Our entire coaching staff is so proud to have had the opportunity to coach them."
Five-year veteran Riley Rau said this past season was the best in his tenure with the Rams.
Recommended Stories For You
"We grew as a team but also as a family," Rau said. "Our coaches helped us to believe anything was possible if we worked hard and played for each other."
— This article was submitted to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers