Postseason summary: North Tahoe girls, Incline boys earn state soccer titles
November 10, 2015
In a busy weekend of playoff action, the Incline boys and North Tahoe girls soccer teams earned Division III state championships in Incline on Saturday — with the Lakers defeating Whittell 3-1 and the Highlanders routing Yerington 7-0.
In cross-country, North Tahoe's boys and girls teams won Division III state championships in Reno. The Truckee girls finished runner-up in the Division I-A.
The host Truckee volleyball team secured a top state seed by defeating Dayton in straight sets in the Northern Division I-A regional championship. In Division III volleyball, Incline eliminated North Tahoe in the semifinal round of the Northern regional tournament in Yerington to clinch a state berth.
The Truckee girls soccer team secured a state berth with a runner-up finish in the regional championship tournament in Elko — falling 1-0 to South Tahoe in the title game — and the Truckee boys were eliminated with a 2-1 regional semifinal loss to Elko.
Check back Monday for more information, or check the NIAA website (www.niaa.com) for complete brackets from all the tournaments.
Trending In: Sports
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers