Prep alpine racing: Truckee ties for win in slalom
January 20, 2016
Incline sophomore Belle Johnson notched her second consecutive win in a Tahoe Basin Ski League race, a slalom held at Alpine Meadows, last Thursday.
Johnson claimed the victory with a combined time of 1:28.6 between her two runs. South Tahoe's Tatum Whatford finished runner-up in 1:34.0 and Truckee's Daniel Dolan was third in 1:34.3.
Aside from Johnson, Incline's Rachel Meyer finished sixth (1:37.9), Hannah Laurie was 12th (1:44.5) and Keegan Wells 13th (1:45.1).
That gave the Incline girls a team score of 196 points, which was second to South Tahoe's 202 points. Truckee's girls finished a point behind the Highlanders, with 195, and were followed by North Tahoe (156), Douglas (156), Whittell (122) and Carson (117).
The Incline boys had only one racer, Noah Cleary, who placed eighth with a time of 1:28.9. Payton Norton, who races for Whittell, won the race in 1:25.9, while Truckee's Dew Wingard was second (1:26.4) and Noah Williams third (1:26.4).
Truckee's boys took the team win with 197 points, South Tahoe's boys were second with 190 and Whittell's boys third with 174. They were followed by Douglas (165), Carson (116), North Tahoe (115) and Incline (49).
Recommended Stories For You
In the overall, Truckee and South Tahoe tied for the win with 392 points apiece. Douglas was third with 321 points and was trailed by Whittell (296), North Tahoe (271) Incline (245) and Carson (23).
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter