Prep basketball: Wolverines, Lakers drop road games
January 14, 2016
Truckee's boys and girls basketball teams dropped league games at Fernley on Tuesday — the girls by a score of 38-21 and the boys 66-46.
Sophomore guard Gabe Cruz led the Truckee boys with 16 points and Justin Wadsworth added 11. The Vaqueros improved to 5-2 in Northern Division I-A play while the Wolverines dropped to 0-6.
The Truckee girls got off to a promising start, leading 10-8 after one quarter. But they were outscored 12-2 in the second quarter and 10-4 in the third en route to the loss, which adjusted their league record to 2-3 (8-7 overall).
Hailee Edgar led the Vaqueros, who improved to 3-4 in league, with 12 points. Truckee stats were not available.
Truckee is scheduled to host Fallon on Friday, with the girls starting at 6 p.m. and the boys at 7:30.
Lakers fall at Portola
Recommended Stories For You
Both of North Tahoe's varsity teams dropped nonleague games at Portola on Tuesday. The boys lost 65-45 and the girls 51-20.
Nick Joslin and Trent Lingruen scored 11 points apiece to lead the Laker boys, while Andy Morgan, Max Burkhart and Teddy Gibeaut each scored six.
Girls stats were not available.
The Lakers are scheduled to play league games at Yerington on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Wolverines sweep Dust Devils, improve to 6-0
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list