Prep golf: Griffith, Nousiainen lead way for Lakers, Wolverines
March 31, 2010
The North Tahoe golf team finished second among 2A schools and fifth overall while Truckee took eighth in a 2A-3A mixed tournament held in Fernley last Thursday.
A total of 11 schools participated, with Lowry taking the top spot with a team score of 379. Spring Creek was second at 411, followed by Whittell, which took third overall and first among 2A schools with a 414. Dayton took fourth overall (435), North Tahoe fifth with a 439 and Incline sixth just one point behind, at 440. Truckee posted a 494.
North Tahoe senior Alec Griffith and Truckee senior Allan Nousiainen led the way for their respective teams, with each shooting a 75, while Foster Kenton of Hawthorne was the tournament medalist, with a 70.
For the Lakers, Travis Boerner shot an 84, Justin Fenley 89, Conner Whaley 93, Eliot Headley 98 and Craig Munro 99. Oscar Ekbom shot a 98 for Truckee and was followed by teammates Alex Cramer (100), Parker Kalan (109) and Robby Heck (112).
Next up is a 2A-3A tournament at Eagle Valley in Carson City on April 8.
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Truckee-Tahoe resort community to add 16 new luxury homes in Old Greenwood
- A longer Legacy: Truckee council looks to expand trail
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Street repaving to begin in coming weeks