Prep volleyball | Wolverines, Lakers win league matches
October 14, 2010
The Truckee volleyball team defeated Incline in four games, 25-18, 20-25, 25-12, 25-7, on the road Wednesday night.
and#8220;Incline played very well against us,and#8221; said Truckee assistant coach Kim Thomas. and#8220;Their defense was especially good. They were able to dig over 60 percent of our attacks.and#8221;
Kiersten Knoppel led the Wolverines with 11 kills, followed by Annie Reiswig with 10. Allison Costa was ill, so Reiswig showed her versatility by playing in the middle blocker position.
Kristina Tirman played outside hitter and contributed significantly to Truckee’s defensive efforts. Jillian Akers finished with 26 assists and Brittany Thomas added six more assists.
After losing the second set, Truckee (5-0 Mount Rose League) regrouped and came back strongly in set three. The team continued with solid play in the fourth set to take the match.
North Tahoe defeated Sparks on Wednesday night in four sets and beat Loyalton on Tuesday in straight sets. Stats were not available for the Lakers, who improved to 3-2 in the Mount Rose League and 6-13 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- Truckee gridiron great finishes standout freshman season
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers