Renegades show tenacity in loss
October 6, 2011
The Truckee Renegades of the Sierra Youth Football League lost to undefeated Damonte Ranch, 18-0, this past Saturday to drop to 3-2 on the season.
Despite valiant efforts by Truckee’s offensive line of Nate Bromley, Eric Spillman, Mason Cutler, Gaven Caruther-Kelly and Garrett Kirk, they couldn’t fend off the hard-charging Mustangs. Wolverine running backs also were held in check by Damonte’s swarming defense.
The Mustangs had averaged more than 34 points per game, so the Wolverines knew they were facing a very worthy opponent.
Truckee defensive backs Drake Riina and George Skaff came up to make several key tackles to limit the Mustangs to three scores.
and#8220;Being new to Truckee this season, I’m overwhelmed by the heart and tenacity these boys demonstrate every game,and#8221; said Truckee coach Steve Santens.
and#8220;Losing is never fun,and#8221; said coach Steve Hogan, and#8220;but our kids made Damonte Ranch fight for every yard. I hope we see them again in the playoffs.and#8221;
Recommended Stories For You
The Renegades need to run the table the next three home games if they hope to make the playoffs and have another shot at the Mustangs.
and#8212; This article was submitted to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million