Resort at Squaw Creek to host TOCCATA performance
December 19, 2008
The Orchestra and Community Choral Artists of the Tahoe Area (TOCCATA) will present Handel’s Messiah performed by orchestra, chorus and soloists in a first-time performance at the Resort at Squaw Creek on Sunday, Dec. 21 at 3:30 p.m.
The program will include favorite selections from the Messiah as well as seasonal carols. The audience will be invited to participate during the carols, and the allelluhah chorus. “People will really want to join us,” said TOCCATA singer and Board of Directors member Eileen Angelucci. “This is a very uplifting piece of music, in a time when people could really use it.”
General admission is $20 adults, $15 seniors, $5 for students with valid ID and $30 preferred. Children under 12 are admitted free with a paying adult.
Other performances of the Messiah are Saturday, Dec. 20 at 7:30 p.m. in South Lake Tahoe at St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, and Monday, Dec. 22 at 7:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center. The Carson City performance is a fundraiser for the Carson High School Choir and admission includes a post-concert reception.
Call (775) 267-1720 or visit http://www.toccatatahoe.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list