Revolution soccer brings home title
October 15, 2006
The Reno/Tahoe/Truckee-based Revolution U-12 Girls’ Soccer Team brought home the Championship Cup from the 2006 Sagebrush/RSU Fall Friendship Tournament in Reno on Oct. 7 and 8.
Revolution’s U-14 team put down a solid performance and played well for a young team, rounding out its weekend with a fourth-place spot overall in a highly competitive pool of teams.
During the weekend, Revolution U-12 went undefeated, with the team’s defense and keeper Kiersten Knoppel allowing only one goal all tournament. On Sunday afternoon, the team took the field in the Championship game against GBYSL’s No. 1-ranked Nevada Netrippers and shut them out with a score of 3-0.
“We only gave up one goal the entire tournament,” Revolution U-12 coach Jake Derr said. “I want to thank my girls for their continued teamwork and determination and on a great win.”
The Championship U-12 team roster included Cassie Burke; Taylor Campos; Brooke Cherry; Haley Derr; Alicia Gant; Claire Jackson; Kiersten Knoppel; Stevye Laine; Lila Lapanja; Erin Lau; Corinne Lowe; Kaelin Mejia; Sara Nickerson; Shannon Ondry; Tori Pieters; Ashley Sambrailo; Annie Sedgwick; Mackenzie Spaich; and Paris Spitzer.
Playing for Revolution’s U-14 team was Sammy Bruyn; Tori Cernoch; Patsy Decrescenzo; Kali Fallow; Danielle Finnick (keeper); Kelsey Higgins; Gracie Jackson; Sarah Koch; Sarah Koontz; Alice Montgomery; Rosie Montgomery(keeper); Madison Murphy; Alyssa Unruh; Mariah West; and Joy Wilson.
Recommended Stories For You
Revolution Soccer is a local girls competitive soccer team for the committed U-12 through U-16 player. The team’s philosophy is that league play is for growth and development of the player and that tournaments are where that development is put in to play ” and the teams play to win.
For additional information on Revolution Soccer, visit http://www.revolutionsoccerclub.net.
Trending In: Sports
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- Truckee gridiron great finishes standout freshman season
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City