Shorthanded Lakers fall short against Fernley
January 4, 2007
The North Tahoe High boys basketball team lost its first game of the new year, 65-60, at Fernley on Wednesday.
“They are much improved from the past few seasons,” Lakers head coach David Hansen said of the Vaqueros.
For various reasons North Tahoe (0-4, 4-10) had only six players suited out for the game, Hansen said.
“Fernley was very intelligent for the fact that they played all 12 of their guys,” Hansen said. “Our kids just kind of ran out of gas.”
Senior Michael Forte led the Lakers in scoring with 30 points, and Spencer Marple scored 18.
North Tahoe plays at Spring Creek on Friday before traveling to face Lowry on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show