South Shore snowboarder has her place in Guinness
January 3, 2007
With each passing year, Donna Vano of the South Shore is making it more difficult for someone to bump her from the record books.
Vano, 53, once again is being honored by Guinness World Records for being the oldest pro snowboarder and skateboarder in the world.
“I have been holding down that record since 1991,” she said.
And she said there is no reason to surrender that distinction.
“I’ve been working on that very diligently, and I’m by far not done,” Vano said. “I’m not getting older; I’m getting better.”
Vano has been a Burton rider for the past 13 years and competed for Sierra-at-Tahoe for 12 years running. She has a plethora of USASA national snowboard titles and has been honored by the X Games.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film