Sports briefs: Boulder Bash climbing competition, festival to be held Friday-Saturday
September 20, 2016
The third annual Boulder Bash, presented by Tahoe Sports Hub, will take place Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24. The Boulder Dash is an all-levels, all-ages bouldering competition and climbing festival benefitting the local chapter of the American Alpine Club, and celebrating Truckee as a world-class climbing destination.
The Boulder Bash will kick off at 7 p.m. Friday with a slide show presentation by professional climber Chris Schulte at Tahoe Sports Hub in downtown Truckee.
On Saturday, the Boulder Bash festivities move to Donner Summit, where an all-ages bouldering competition will kick off at 9 a.m. In addition to the competition, climbing instructors from the National Ski Training Center will offer free beginner climbing clinics to the public, and the American Alpine Club will lead a trash cleanup on the summit.
A free after party, which is open to the public, will begin at 6 p.m., featuring live music from local rock band Colburn Station, a live raffle, and food and drink specials.
Visit TahoeSportsHub.com for more information on the 2016 Boulder Bash.
Tahoe Donner Men's Golf Club to host memorial tourney
Recommended Stories For You
The Tahoe Donner Men's Golf Club will host its annual Memorial Tournament on Sunday, Sept. 25. The tournament will be a two-man/woman scramble, using 60 percent of handicap.
This year's tournament honors E.J. Tegner, who was only 55 years old when he passed away suddenly in 2014 at Old Greenwood Golf Course, doing what he loved most.
In 2015, Tegner's wife Marilyn established the E.J. Tegner "Let's Bet on Youth" Golf Foundation, which brings equipment and introduces golf into the local elementary and middle schools.
Preregister for the tournament at TahoeDonner.com or by calling the pro shop at 530-587-9443. Registration forms can also be found on both the men's and women's bulletin boards at Tahoe Donner.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter