Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows brings back spring traditions
April 25, 2018
It's an Alpine Meadows tradition like none other.
Once a year the resort blends the best of winter and summer outdoor activities into an epic event, bringing guests to the top of the mountain for a game of snow golf.
Standing atop Summit Express Chair, skiers and snowboarders broke out their clubs on Sunday, April 22, and knocked tennis balls down the hill as part of the resort's 35th annual Snow Golf Tournament.
Players began at the summit and played nine holes on the way down to the bottom of the Alpine Bowl Chair. Prizes were awarded for best costumes.
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows will host another local tradition two weeks later with the 28th annual Cushing Crossing. The pond skimming event takes place on Saturday, May 5, and kicks off at 1 p.m., with skiers and snowboarders attempting to successfully cross the resort's pond.
Judging the competition will be Freeride World Champion Sammy Luebke, Olympian Travis Ganong, owner of 101.5 Truckee-Tahoe Radio JD Hoss, pro skier Amie Engerbretson, and pro skier Connery Lundin.
Recommended Stories For You
Registration for the event is $20 and is limited to the first 50 persons. Signups begin at 8 a.m. at the KT Base Bar.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- Truckee women claim XTERRA titles
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit