Squaw Valley to host ‘skinny’ skiers
March 21, 2014
Skinny skis will be back in style on Monday, March 31, as Arcade Belts and the High Fives Foundation are teaming up to put on the fourth annual SKINNY Ski-A-Thon at Squaw Valley from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Started as an idea for a fundraiser put on by Olympic Valley-based Arcade Belt Co, the SKINNY Ski-A-Thon has grown from an unofficial, underground event to a full-fledged fundraiser that raised more than $30,000 for the High Fives Foundation last year alone.
Participants will complete as many laps on the KT-22 lift as possible on "skinny" skis with a waist of 70 millimeters or less. It's not be a race, but a casual event to have fun and enjoy the outdoors in the name of philanthropy. Participants will raise money for each completed lap and also gather flat donations with proceeds going to the High Fives Foundation.
For more information and registration, visit http://www.skinnyski.highfivesfoundation.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week
- Sugar Bowl offers half-off tickets for toy donations to Camp Fire victims
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia