Squaw Valley to host ‘skinny’ skiers
March 21, 2014
Skinny skis will be back in style on Monday, March 31, as Arcade Belts and the High Fives Foundation are teaming up to put on the fourth annual SKINNY Ski-A-Thon at Squaw Valley from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Started as an idea for a fundraiser put on by Olympic Valley-based Arcade Belt Co, the SKINNY Ski-A-Thon has grown from an unofficial, underground event to a full-fledged fundraiser that raised more than $30,000 for the High Fives Foundation last year alone.
Participants will complete as many laps on the KT-22 lift as possible on "skinny" skis with a waist of 70 millimeters or less. It's not be a race, but a casual event to have fun and enjoy the outdoors in the name of philanthropy. Participants will raise money for each completed lap and also gather flat donations with proceeds going to the High Fives Foundation.
For more information and registration, visit http://www.skinnyski.highfivesfoundation.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia