Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
December 7, 2018
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort opened for the 2018-19 season on Friday, Dec. 7, with a ribbon cutting ceremony for the resort's newest feature, the Snowbird Triple Chairlift.
The new lift provides access to Tahoe Donner's beginner terrain and replaces the original double chair installed in 1971.
The resort also has its Caterpillar Conveyor running.
Tahoe Donner opened with a reported base of 18 inches and has received 4 inches of snow during the past 48 hours.
For more information and the latest lift and trail openings, visit TahoeDonner.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show