Tahoe Junior Freeride Series to make season debut at Sugar Bowl
February 8, 2012
The Tahoe Junior Freeride Series kicks off Saturday and Sunday at Sugar Bowl Resort, where the region’s best junior big-mountain skiers will test their skills each day in a two-run, cumulative-score format.
Age groups of 10-14 and 15-18 for both boys and girls will be battling for points that now count toward national rankings.
The Tahoe Junior Freeride Series began as a friendly competition between Sugar Bowl and Squaw Valleyand#8217;s freeride teams and has since become a structured regional event that boasts some of the best junior talent in the country.
There will be teams representing Squaw Free, Auburn Ski Club, Kirkwood Freeride team, Squaw Valley Freeride team, Alpine Meadows Freeride team and the Sugar Bowl Freeride team.
Contestants are judged on their line choice, control, fluidity, technique and overall impression.
Competition begins at 10 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 11-12.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)