Tahoe Trail Trekkers to celebrate 30th anniversary with kayak event on July 28
July 28, 2017
The Tahoe Trail Trekkers will celebrate their 30th anniversary with a kayak event on Friday, July 28, and a 6-kilometer or 11-kilomoter walk the following day.
The event is free to the public and will begin with kayaking between 11 am and 1 p.m. with an out-and-back, 1,500-meter course at Marie Sluchak Community Park in Tahoma.
The following day's walk will take place on bike paths, and trails throughout Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park. The walk will take place between 9 a.m. and noon, and will start and finish at Mari Sluchak Community Park. The Tahoe Trail Trekkers are a local walking and hiking club, which is part of the national organization American Volkssport Association (AVA). AVA is a nonprofit association that promotes fun, fitness, and friendship, according to TahoeTrailTrekkers.com, and provides walking, biking and other sporting events.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week