Tahoe Twins | Local club suffers first loss at NABA World Series
October 2, 2010
The Tahoe Twins lost 12-8 to the Washington Pilots on Friday for their first loss at the NABA World Series in Phoenix.
Nick Moreales started for the Twins and had control problems from the start, allowing the Pilots to take an early 11-2 lead. The Twins battled back, however, pulling to within four runs.
The Twins are 3-1 in the tournament, with one more pool game remaining, on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. against the Utah Rounders. The Twins have already qualified for the playoff round, which starts Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
Sean Bernardo will start on the mound against Utah, while J.R. Murphy will pitch the opening game of the playoff round.
Trending In: Sports
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Wolverines sweep Dust Devils, improve to 6-0
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list