Truckee at North Tahoe softball | Wolverines win both ends of twin bill
March 22, 2012
The Truckee softball team opened Mount Rose League play with a doubleheader sweep against North Tahoe on Wednesday.
Truckee (2-1-1) took an early lead in the first game and never looked back en route to a 17-2 win behind a solid pitching performance from sophomore starter Bre Weber, who held North Tahoe (3-3) to just three hits and recorded eight strikeouts in the five-inning game. Clare DePew and Sydnie English each had four hits for the Wolverines, and Jackie Bolton had five RBIs and grand slam to deep center field.
In Game 2, Truckee started freshman pitcher Sylvia Soto, who allowed two hits and had two strikeouts in an inning and two-thirds of debut work. Truckee had an offensive breakout on the way to a 20-8 win, behind solid hitting performances from DePew, Cheyenne Acevedo and Sage Parkhurst. Weber threw three-plus innings of relief, recording seven strikeouts, allowing no walks and no runners to cross the plate.
and#8212; This article was submitted to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood