Truckee baseball: Douglas rolls to 11-1 win
April 8, 2009
Douglas High junior Beau Battista threw a strong game against Truckee Tuesday afternoon, striking out eight and scattering five hits as the Tigers rolled to an 11-1 win over the Wolverines in Minden.
Truckee hit all singles in the game and was led by Mike Fagan with a 2-for-3 performance. Kevin Decker, Justin Vosburgh and Maclane Brady had the Wolverines’ remaining hits.
Truckee got on the board first in the game as Brady led off the second inning with a single and Scott Mathot drew a walk. A balk moved the runners to second and third and Brady stole home on a dropped strike at the plate.
A two-out walk later loaded the bases, but Battista got out of the inning on a strikeout.
Douglas (11-5 overall) posted a five-run third inning, bolstered by a three-run triple off Conner Dillon’s bat and brought three runs across in both the fourth and fifth innings to end the game.
Every player in the Douglas starting lineup collected at least one hit in the win, but right fielder Dillon led the way going 2 for 2 at the plate with a triple and four RBIs.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)