Truckee baseball: Wolverines beat Sparks, remain undefeated
March 25, 2010
The Truckee High baseball team defeated Sparks 7-4 in a league game Wednesday to improve to 4-0 in the Northern 3A.
The Wolverines (6-0 overall) were scheduled to host the game, but it was held at Sparks instead due to snow on Truckee’s home field.
Senior Maclane Brady started and went five innings to pick up the win for the Wolverines, who jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning and never trailed. Brady gave up three runs (one earned) while striking out four and walking one. Junior Ben Bolton pitched the final two innings, giving up one run.
Truckee had 10 hits in the game, led by senior Ryan Zusy’s 2-for-3 day with a triple and two RBI and Matt Theis’ 2-for-3 with a double and RBI. Brian Matthew, Tanner Churich, Jordan Deiro, Jared McDonnell, James DePew and Bolton had a hit apiece, while Theis, McDonnell, DePew and Bolton each added an RBI.
Trending In: Sports
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call