Truckee basketball | Boys go 3-1 in Sutro Classic
December 11, 2012
The Truckee boys basketball team won its first three games before losing to ROP, 63-42, in the championship of the Sutro Classic Tournament in Dayton this past week.
Truckee (3-3 overall) opened the tournament with a 58-51 win over Fallon on Thursday and followed with a 56-37 win against Yerington on Friday and a 65-63 win against Douglas’ JV the same day.
Adam Morgan scored a team-high 19 points against Fallon, and David Burnham scored 16. Morgan also led the Wolverines in scoring against both Yerington and Douglas, finishing with 16 and 24 points in those contests. Graham Millie contributed 15 points against Yerington and 20 points against Douglas.
Against ROP, the Rams won every quarter, leading 35-25 at the half and 48-32 after three quarters. Millie scored nine points to lead the Wolverines, while Aaron Pado and Nick Oberriter each scored eight. Keytion Jackson led ROP with a game-high 18 points.
Truckee is scheduled to host Fallon on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- Truckee gridiron great finishes standout freshman season
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats