Truckee boys basketball: Wolverines finish runner-up in Quincy tournament
December 8, 2009
The Wolverines went 2-1 and finished runner-up to Incline in the season-opening Quincy Tipoff Tournament this past weekend.
After taking down Loyalton 71-43 on Thursday, Truckee defeated North Tahoe 81-62 before facing off against Incline in the championship game Saturday. The Highlanders came out on top, 76-64, to earn the championship.
Senior Matt Mehan led the Wolverines with 23 points, while Incline’s Micha Corneil tallied a game-high 25 points on five 3-pointers. Truckee junior Ben Bolton had 12 points, Tyler Ferris nine points and Tony Rodriguez eight.
Against the Lakers on Friday, Mehan again led the Wolverines offensively as he went off for 27 points. Bolton scored 17 points in the win, Ferris had 15 and Jon Ford had nine.
Truckee used a balanced scoring attack in Thursday’s rout against Loyalton, with Ferris leading the Wolverines with 18 points, followed by Mehan with 13, Ford with 12 and James DePew with 10.
Trending In: Sports
- Rivalry renewed: Truckee, North Tahoe soccer teams clash this weekend
- Lady Lakers and Wolverines collide Friday in battle of unbeatens
- Yerington football rallies to deny North Tahoe upset
- Class 3A football stat leaders through week 5
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list