Truckee defeats South Tahoe in boys’ tennis
October 2, 2017
The south Tahoe boys’ tennis team was edged 10-8 Thursday, Sept. 28, by host Truckee.
“Our doubles teams are improving,” said Vikings head coach Will Davenport. “If our singles stay strong and we swing another doubles match our way we can beat them.”
Vikings No. 1 singles player Mickey Sullivan and Nos. 2 and 3, Juan Vazquez and Bryin Schouten, respectively, each won two matches apiece, putting six points toward the South Tahoe total.
Quinn Proctor and Pete Sullivan won two of their three doubles matches to account for the Vikings final points.
The Vikings face Churchill at 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 5, in the regional semifinals.
If they win, they most likely will get their third shot against Truckee in the regional final.
Trending In: Sports
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe