Truckee football team honors Bill Churchman, Bob and Jeannie Vaum
October 14, 2014
Each year, the Truckee High football team honors a devoted volunteer for his or her countless hours of time dedicated to the program. This year, Bill Churchman was recognized as Volunteer of the Year. Churchman has announced Truckee home games for 31 years. He's lived in Truckee full time since 1969 and started attending games shortly after.
Bob Vaum and his wife Jeannie, meanwhile, were honored as Fans of the Year for their love and devotion to Truckee football. Bob has lived in the Truckee area for 45 years and has always enjoyed coming out to the high school games. As he likes to say, "God bless our Truckee Wolverines!" Bob can be found at each home game sitting in his chair on the dirt path by the snack shack under a tree enjoying the game no matter what the score.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Truckee River to remain low near Tahoe City
- Boat camping on Tahoe: A floating pleasure