Truckee girls soccer team beats Whittell
August 30, 2006
The Truckee High girls soccer team defeated Whittell 6-0 in its first league game of the season Tuesday.
“We had a slow first half but we were able to put it together the second half and play a solid 40 minutes of soccer,” Truckee coach Amy Valdivia said of the away game.
The Wolverines led 2-0 at the end of the first half on a pair of goals from senior Sara Grossman. Sam Deen and Nikki Panziera picked up assists.
Sophomore Kaitlin Cocard scored two goals in the second half ” in minutes 73 and 77 ” on assists from Katie Dill and Clancy Delforge.
Lauren O’Neil and Dill rounded off the scoring for Truckee in the second half on assists from Cocard and Stephanie O’Neil.
“Sophomore Addie Shaffer was extremely tough defensively, and Sara Grossman was a main contributor to our offensive effort,” Valdivia said.
Recommended Stories For You
Goalies Michelle Plapp and Rachel Waller, who saved a penalty kick in the second half, preserve the shutout.
Truckee plays at Yerington Saturday at 11 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover