Truckee girls swept by Dayton
March 20, 2018
The Truckee girls' softball team dropped their third straight contest at Dayton on Tuesday, March 20, falling 16-0 after five innings of play.
Center fielder Amelia Strusinski, left fielder Stephanie Randall, and pitcher Sierra Bohnet led Truckee from the plate with one hit apiece on the day.
The Wolverines played in a doubleheader the previous day at Dayton, and lost both games by a combined score of 33-1.
Truckee (0-6, 0-3 Northern League) will look for their first win of the season on Friday when the girls face Fernley (1-1, 1-1 Northern League). The contest is scheduled to take place at Truckee High School, but with snow in the forecast for the week, the Wolverines may again be forced to reschedule or find a new site for the game. Truckee played just one home game last season, and were forced to move their recent three-game home series against Dayton to the Dust Devils’ home field.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Truckee River to remain low near Tahoe City
- Eastbound I-80 to close east of Truckee on Tuesday
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89