Truckee golf | Scibird tied for Northern DI-A lead
October 1, 2014
The Truckee girls golf team of one is enjoying a fine season.
Sophomore Sienna Scibird, who is the only member of the Truckee team, is tied for first place in the league standings with Kaily Beatty of Elko, both with 59.5 points.
Scibird tied with Fernley's Brittany Evans for tournament medalist honors in a league competition in Elko last week. Both Scibird and Evans, who is second in the league standings, carded 80s in the fifth tournament of the season, while Beatty and Lowry's Alyssa Dendary each shot 82. Scibird finished sixth at state as a freshman last season.
Elko leads the team standings with 49 points to second-place Lowry's 46. Fernley is third with 40 points, followed by Fallon (33), Dayton (27), Spring Creek (20) and Sparks (5). Truckee and South Tahoe do not have complete teams.
Three league tournaments remain — at Truckee, Fernley and Fallon. Truckee is scheduled to host at Ponderosa Golf Course on Thursday starting at 9 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style