Truckee golf | Taylor Pugh qualifies for state tournament
October 17, 2011
Truckee golfer Taylor Pugh qualified to represent the Wolverines individually at the 3A State Girls Golf Championship in Mesquite on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Based on the regular-season results, the top seven golfers from non-qualifying teams in the Northern 3A and the top five from the South qualified for the state tournament.
Pugh enters state seeded 15th from the North, which is led by top-seeded Cortney Kieser of Elko.
Northern 3A schools Elko, Lowry and Spring Creek qualified for the team competition, while Virgin Valley is the lone representative from the Southern 3A.
The state tournament will be held at the CasaBlanca Golf Club in Mesquite.
Trending In: Sports
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe