Truckee golfer fifth at State
October 18, 2006
Truckee High senior golfer Renee Cardinali represented the Wolverines well at the Nevada 3A state championship tournament at Genoa Lakes on Monday and Tuesday.
Advancing to State by shooting a tournament-best 83 at the Northern 3A Regionals on Oct. 12, Cardinali entered the second day of the 36-hole tournament in a four-way tie for first, knotted at 82.
Cardinali shot an 87 in the final round for fifth place overall among individual players. Incline freshman Katelyn Wright took first place by shooting an 83 on the final day.
Truckee freshman Leah Arth also competed in the Northern 3A Regional Tournament but was unable advance to State, which required a top-10 finish.
The Wolverines did not have a chance to qualify for the State tournament as a team because they did not have enough golfers.
The Truckee High girls tennis team brought one singles player and one doubles team to compete in the Northern Nevada regional meet at the Plumas Courts in Reno on Oct. 12-14.
Recommended Stories For You
Nicole Zissimos lost, 6-0, 6-0 in her first match.
“She played a great match, but unfortunately was paired up against the No. 2 seed (Palosaari from Reno High) for her first match,” said Truckee head coach Jessica Putz.
Coree Sharp and Haley Adams lost to Rawlings and Sanazarro from South Tahoe, 6-2, 6-3.
“These girls had some wonderful points and played really hard,” Putz said. “The match was actually quite close, going to deuce multiple times.
“I was very proud of all the girls; they had a great season.”
Trending In: Sports
- America’s greatest biathlete holds camp at Auburn Ski Club
- Legendary Coach Harry Marra leads Truckee track camp
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Leipheimer and Truckee’s Julie Young claim Tahoe Trail 100 titles
- Breaking down Lake Tahoe’s best kayak trip along West Shore
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke