Truckee grad Melanie Lashbrook named college Player of the Week
October 12, 2010
Cal State Monterey Bay middle blocker Melanie Lashbrook from Truckee was named Molten/California Collegiate Athletic Association Womenand#8217;s Volleyball Player of the Week for the week of Oct. 4-10.
and#8220;I am proud of the work Mel has put into the last two years in this program,and#8221; said Monterey Bay head coach Jody Garry. and#8220;She has grown tremendously on and off the court. She has consistently worked hard in practice and brought her best to matches.and#8221;
Lashbrook, a junior and 2008 Truckee grad, led the Otters to a pair of road victories over Cal State Stanislaus and Chico State this past weekend. In nine sets, Lashbrook tallied 28 kills in 61 attempts, recorded four service aces, four digs, seven total blocks and a .377 attack percentage. During a four-set win versus Cal State Stanislaus, she totaled 12 kills, three service aces, a dig and four blocks while posting a .360 hitting percentage.
Lashbrook came back on Saturday to total 16 kills, one service ace, three digs and three block assists during a five-set win over Chico State.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia