Truckee High football falls 42-22 to Churchill County
September 9, 2017
The Truckee Wolverines football team suffered their first loss of the season on Friday night, falling 42-22 on the road to Churchill County.
The Greenwave offense scored four quick touchdowns in the first half to hold a 28-0 lead just before the end of the second quarter. Truckee Junior quarterback Marcus Bellon then connected with junior Marcus Trotter for a touchdown to make the score 28-7 with 8.2 seconds remaining in the first half.
After a big kickoff return to open the second half, Churchill County again found the end zone to extend their lead to 35-7.
The Wolverines answered with a touchdown midway through the third quarter, but the Greenwave responded with another score of their own, making the game 42-13.
Truckee would add another field goal and a touchdown before time expired, dropping the contest to Churchill County, 42-22. The win gives the Greenwave (2-1, 1-1 Northern League) four victories over the Wolverines in the two schools' last five matchups.
Truckee (2-1, 1-1 Northern League) will look to get back on track next week when the team hosts Lowry (0-3, 0-2 Northern League) in a 7 p.m. matchup on Friday, Sept.15 at Surprise Stadium.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee’s Flynn finishes runner-up at state golf tourney
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl
- Mercogliano surpasses 5,000 career passing yards in North Tahoe victory
- Truckee football clinches first-round bye
- Truckee golf sends two players to state tourney
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)