Truckee High football falls 42-22 to Churchill County
September 9, 2017
The Truckee Wolverines football team suffered their first loss of the season on Friday night, falling 42-22 on the road to Churchill County.
The Greenwave offense scored four quick touchdowns in the first half to hold a 28-0 lead just before the end of the second quarter. Truckee Junior quarterback Marcus Bellon then connected with junior Marcus Trotter for a touchdown to make the score 28-7 with 8.2 seconds remaining in the first half.
After a big kickoff return to open the second half, Churchill County again found the end zone to extend their lead to 35-7.
The Wolverines answered with a touchdown midway through the third quarter, but the Greenwave responded with another score of their own, making the game 42-13.
Truckee would add another field goal and a touchdown before time expired, dropping the contest to Churchill County, 42-22. The win gives the Greenwave (2-1, 1-1 Northern League) four victories over the Wolverines in the two schools' last five matchups.
Truckee (2-1, 1-1 Northern League) will look to get back on track next week when the team hosts Lowry (0-3, 0-2 Northern League) in a 7 p.m. matchup on Friday, Sept.15 at Surprise Stadium.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City