Truckee High routs Lowry 39-8 in annual night football game
September 18, 2017
The Truckee football team brought out the lights on Friday, Sept. 15, for the squad's annual night game at Surprise Stadium, where the Wolverines shined in a dominant victory over Lowry.
After falling against Churchill County last week, Truckee roared back on Friday night to take a 39-8 win over the Buckaroos.
Truckee (3-1, 2-1 Northern League) set the tone early on against the Buckaroos (0-4, 0-3 Northern League) with sophomore Tyler Estabrook intercepting a pass on Lowry's opening drive.
Junior quarterback Marcus Bellon then took a keeper up the middle on the following play, and gashed the Buckaroos for a 60-yard touchdown run.
From there, the Wolverines continued to pour it on, scoring another 26 unanswered points before halftime
Each team would find the end zone once in the second half as the Wolverines rolled to victory over the struggling Buckaroos.
Recommended Stories For You
Truckee will return to their normal schedule of Saturday afternoon home games when the team plays host to Dayton (1-3, 0-3 Northern League) on Saturday, Sept. 23. The Dust Devils have lost their last three games.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl