Truckee Junior Midgets start season 4-0
October 9, 2014
The Truckee Pop Warner Junior Midgets have started the season on fire. The team, made up primarily of 12- through 14-year-olds, has jumped out to a 4-0 record while outscoring their opponents 119-34.
The juggernaut squad has three games remaining in the regular season and the upcoming matchups look favorable for the Wolverines to continue their undefeated run.
"I've coached football for many years at several different levels and this is the most talented group of football players I have ever worked with," said Truckee head coach Steve Santens.
While seventh-grade quarterback Braedy Santens has been slinging passes, including a 50-yard touchdown toss to Marcus Bellon and a 40-yard touchdown to Drew Wingard, the offensive line has given him all the time he needs.
The offensive threat doesn't stop there. With huge depth at running back, the team is able to give the ball to any one of six or seven running backs, keeping opponent defenses confused. The talented running backs include Kevin Malo, Sean Kelly, Marcus Trotter, Marcus Bellon, Carter Corso and Jack Watters.
The Truckee Junior Midgets will face South Tahoe on the road Saturday at 8 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener
- Truckee’s Luebke begins quest for Freeride 4-peat
- (VIDEO) North Tahoe boys remain unbeaten on the mountain, Truckee girls pick up second win of season
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Prep roundup: Truckee girls look for fifth straight win
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow