Truckee JV girls post 12th straight win
January 30, 2007
The Truckee High junior varsity girls basketball team defeated visiting Incline 34-19 on Saturday to remain undefeated in Northern 3A league play at 12-0.
Kati Murphy led the Wolverines in scoring with 11 points, while Katy Stephens scored seven and Annie Rodriguez and Arion Farley six apiece. Four other teammates also scored.
Defense again was the key to victory, Truckee head coach Geoff Stephens said. The Wolverines held the Highlanders to three points in the first quarter and zero in the second.
“It was a good thing we played defense because as a team we didn’t shoot very well,” Stephens said, adding that the Wolverines shot 13-of-55 from field.
“This was a team with a different look and different chemistry because we sent up one player to the varsity squad (Michelle Hoehn) and brought Kaylee Waters and Mollie Askin up from the frosh team,” Stephens added. “Over the next couple of games we will rotate some of these girls to get some additional game experience at the next level.”
Trending In: Sports
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Wolverines sweep Dust Devils, improve to 6-0
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list