Truckee mountain biker does it again
July 31, 2003
When Truckee local Paul Zarubin decided to move up into the sport class for Norba competitions, he wasn’t sure how successful he would be.
In Zarubin’s first three races in the 50-and-up beginners cross-country division, he was victorious each time.
This past weekend, Zarubin raced for the first time in the 50-and-up sport class in the Norba National Championship Series at Schweiter Mountain Resort in Sand Point, Idaho.
The division was different than he was used to, but the results were the same. Zarubin came away with his first victory in the sport class.
Although there were only five competitors in his field, Zarubin took off with more than 40 other bikers from the starting line.
Next on Zarubin’s list, is to complete three other races so he can earn a National ranking.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week
- Sugar Bowl offers half-off tickets for toy donations to Camp Fire victims
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia