Truckee, North Tahoe runners qualify for state
October 27, 2006
Sophomore Micah Silver ran to second-place and helped the Truckee High boys finish second as a team at the Northern 3A Regional Cross Country Championships on Thursday afternoon in Reno.
Silver covered the hilly 5,000-meter course at Rancho San Rafael Park in a time of 17 minutes, 38 seconds. He finished four seconds behind Lowry’s Matt Pike. Incline’s Phillip Flanders, the defending 3A state champion, was third in 18:15.
The top two teams and five individuals from non-qualifying teams advance to the NIAA State Championships next Saturday in Boulder City.
North Tahoe’s girls finished second behind Lowry by a 31-50 score. Erin Altick ran 22:46 to place third and Carly McCready ran 23:42 to place eighth for the Lakers.
Other boys who cracked the top 10 were Spencer Wood in fifth and Hansen Laclair in sixth for Truckee, with respective times of 18:31 and 18:39. North Tahoe’s Scott Smelser ran 19:10 to finished 11th and earn an individual state qualifying berth.
See complete results in Monday’s Sierra Sun.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits