Truckee, North Tahoe runners qualify for state
October 27, 2006
Sophomore Micah Silver ran to second-place and helped the Truckee High boys finish second as a team at the Northern 3A Regional Cross Country Championships on Thursday afternoon in Reno.
Silver covered the hilly 5,000-meter course at Rancho San Rafael Park in a time of 17 minutes, 38 seconds. He finished four seconds behind Lowry’s Matt Pike. Incline’s Phillip Flanders, the defending 3A state champion, was third in 18:15.
The top two teams and five individuals from non-qualifying teams advance to the NIAA State Championships next Saturday in Boulder City.
North Tahoe’s girls finished second behind Lowry by a 31-50 score. Erin Altick ran 22:46 to place third and Carly McCready ran 23:42 to place eighth for the Lakers.
Other boys who cracked the top 10 were Spencer Wood in fifth and Hansen Laclair in sixth for Truckee, with respective times of 18:31 and 18:39. North Tahoe’s Scott Smelser ran 19:10 to finished 11th and earn an individual state qualifying berth.
See complete results in Monday’s Sierra Sun.
Trending In: Sports
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots