Truckee, North Tahoe soccer teams in good form entering final week of season
October 25, 2017
The Truckee and North Tahoe soccer teams have entered the final week of the season and both the boys and girls are sitting in first and second in the Northern League standings.
The Truckee girls are coming off a pair of dominant wins with a 6-0 victory over Incline on Friday, Oct. 20, and an 8-0 win over Lowry at home on Monday, Oct. 23.
Truckee (14-4-1, 13-0-1 Northern League) can wrap up the best record in the Northern league if they are able to defeat North Tahoe (14-1-1, 12-1-1 Northern League) at home on Thursday, Oct. 26 at 4 p.m.
The Lakers are coming off a 6-3 win over Sparks on Friday, Oct. 20. Sophomore Mailie Markham scored four goals in the game for North Tahoe. Junior AJ Hurt and sophomore Olivia Sproehnle scored the other goal. Sproehnle, Markham, and sophomores Paige McGarry and Maya Wong each had an assist in the game.
Truckee beat North Tahoe 5-1 earlier in the year.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City