Truckee, North Tahoe soccer teams in good form entering final week of season
October 25, 2017
The Truckee and North Tahoe soccer teams have entered the final week of the season and both the boys and girls are sitting in first and second in the Northern League standings.
The Truckee girls are coming off a pair of dominant wins with a 6-0 victory over Incline on Friday, Oct. 20, and an 8-0 win over Lowry at home on Monday, Oct. 23.
Truckee (14-4-1, 13-0-1 Northern League) can wrap up the best record in the Northern league if they are able to defeat North Tahoe (14-1-1, 12-1-1 Northern League) at home on Thursday, Oct. 26 at 4 p.m.
The Lakers are coming off a 6-3 win over Sparks on Friday, Oct. 20. Sophomore Mailie Markham scored four goals in the game for North Tahoe. Junior AJ Hurt and sophomore Olivia Sproehnle scored the other goal. Sproehnle, Markham, and sophomores Paige McGarry and Maya Wong each had an assist in the game.
Truckee beat North Tahoe 5-1 earlier in the year.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film