Truckee prep roundup: Truckee’s Got Talent scheduled for Wednesday
February 6, 2018
Truckee High School’s annual talent show — Truckee's Got Talent — is slated to take place on Wednesday, Feb. 7, and will raise funds for the high school's associated student body.
More than nine acts by students from the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District are scheduled to compete in the contest for a $100 first-place prize.
The competition is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., and will be held in the Truckee High School Auditorium. Admission for students with a school ID is $5, while adult tickets are $10.
Truckee boys' basketball
The Truckee boys' basketball team played a pair of games last weekend, and dropped their fourth and fifth consecutive contests.
Truckee first played host to Spring Creek on Friday, Feb. 3, and were topped 55-40. Senior Gabriel Cruz led the Wolverines with 13 points, followed by sophomore Isaac Cruz with nine points.
Recommended Stories For You
The Wolverines then took on league leaders, Elko, the following day at home, and pushed the Indians to the edge in a 44-40 defeat.
Junior Spencer Edmondson led a well-rounded Truckee attack with 10 points. Freshman Ethan Flynn and Gabriel Cruz each contributed eight points.
Truckee will be at Dayton on Tuesday, Feb. 6, before closing out the regular season at home against Fernley on Saturday, Feb. 10.
Truckee girls' basketball
The Lady Wolverines also suffered a pair of losses to Spring Creek and Elko over the weekend, and have now dropped four straight games.
Truckee first fell 41-39 to Spring Creek in a close home game on Friday, Feb. 2.
Freshman Emma Cooley led the team with nine points. Senior Izzy Abarno added eight points, and junior Ava Seelenfreund tallied six points and team-highs with 11 rebounds and four steals.
The Wolverines then hosted Elko the following day and were beaten 40-33.
Truckee will next face Dayton on the road on Tuesday, Feb. 6. The team will then close out the regular season against Fernley at home on Saturday, Feb. 10.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting