Truckee runners compete in Nevada half marathon
May 5, 2011
Truckee runners made their presence felt with top finishes in the Escape From Prison Hill Trail Half Marathon in Carson City this past Saturday.
Gretchen Brugman of Truckee placed first in the women’s race in a field of 50 runners, posting a time of 1 hour, 58 minutes and 26 seconds to runner-up Jenny Weisberg’s 2:01:22. That was good enough for 13th place overall among the 129 total racers.
On the men’s side, Truckee’s Peter Fain finished second overall to Bret Long of Carson City, recording a time of 1:38:55 to Long’s 1:36:32.
Ross McMahan of Incline Village finished fourth in 1:43:50, while his wife, Sarah, was fourth among women and 26th overall in 2:06:28.
Tracy Voelker of Carnelian Bay posted a time of 2:46:50, and Truckee’s Margaret Skillicorn finished with a time of 2:51:36.
The race was presented by the Sagebrush Stompers and Tahoe Mountain Milers Running Clubs.
Recommended Stories For You
A contingent of Truckee runners will compete this weekend in the Miwok 100K Trail Race in Marin Headlands.
Trending In: Sports
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill
- Truckee youngsters look to pin down gold at state