Truckee scores five rushing touchdowns in 35-0 win over Wooster
September 1, 2017
The Truckee football team rolled to a 35-0 road win over Wooster (0-2, 0-1 Northern League) on Friday, Sept. 1, as the two teams opened play in the Northern League.
The Wolverines (2-0, 1-0 Northern League) absorbed the Colts best shot early on, and then rattled off three rushing touchdowns in the second quarter to take a 21-0 lead into halftime.
From there, the Wolverines added a pair of touchdowns in the third quarter to force a running clock for the remainder of the game.
All five of Truckee's touchdowns came on the ground with different players scoring each time.
The Wolverines will next travel to Fallon on Friday, Sept. 8, for a 7 p.m. contest against the Greenwave.
Fallon was edged by Fernley, 32-30, in their game on Friday.
Trending In: Sports
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener
- Truckee’s Luebke begins quest for Freeride 4-peat
- (VIDEO) North Tahoe boys remain unbeaten on the mountain, Truckee girls pick up second win of season
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Prep roundup: Truckee girls look for fifth straight win
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow