Truckee soccer | Boys, girls defeat Whittell on the road
October 18, 2011
The Truckee boys’ and girls’ soccer teams defeated Whittell on Monday, the boys by a score of 5-0 and the girls 2-1.
In the boys’ game, Truckee (8-1 league) started off with a goal from Colten Rodrigue assisted by Johnny Zarate in the fifth minute. Jesse Fereira scored in the 23rd minute assisted by Nash McMullen, who then scored a goal of his own in the 33rd minute.-
Rubin Diaz put the Wolverines up 4-0 with a goal in the 35th minute, while Jose Sarabia rounded out the scoring in the 60th minute assisted my McMullen.
and#8220;We were able to control the game with our possession and passing,and#8221; Eberhardt said. and#8220;We came out of the gates with high intensity and pressure. Our runs on and off the ball were being made and that really opened up our passing game and allowed us to control the tempo of the game as well.and#8221;
Trending In: Sports
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley