Truckee soccer | Boys tie, girls win big against Sparks
October 24, 2011
The Truckee boys’ soccer team played undefeated Sparks to a 2-2 tie at home Thursday, while Shauna Day scored four goals to lead the Truckee girls to a 7-0 rout.
In the girls’ contest, Day scored the first goal unassisted in the eighth minute. Claire Roberts then scored Truckee’s second goal about a minute later off of a cross from Alex Mezger to extend the lead to 2-0.
Day put in her second goal in the 19th minute, and Ali Haines scored in the 26th minute to give the Wolverines a 4-0 lead at the midway point.
Seven minutes into the second half, Day scored again, while Melissa Cardoza got in on the scoring action with a goal assisted by Haines in the 53rd minute.
Day added her fourth goal off of a pass from Ashley Harris in the 55th minute to round out the scoring.
and#8220;After the three games this week, we had a deep bench of injuries, so it was nice to see the remaining healthy players hold their own and play some wonderful possession on the field,and#8221; said Truckee head coach Katie Jamison.
Recommended Stories For You
Truckee improved to 8-3 in Sierra League play and 11-7-1 overall.
Check back for more info about the boys’ game.
Trending In: Sports
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Squaw’s Ganong finishes 10th in final World Cup downhill, Bennett ends year seventh in downhill standings
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- North Tahoe’s Mattson drives in 15 runs, opens year 10-for-10 hitting
- Wolverines swimmers race past Vikings