Truckee soccer: Girls advance to regional final; boys fall to Elko
November 7, 2015
The top-seeded Truckee girls soccer team advanced to the Northern Division I-A final and secured a state championship berth with a 2-1 overtime win over Fallon in Elko on Friday.
The Wolverines will face second-seeded South Tahoe, which defeated Spring Creek 5-2 on Friday, for the regional title Saturday at 10 a.m.
Truckee's defending state champion boys were eliminated from the postseason after defeating Spring Creek 3-0 in the quarterfinal round Thursday and then losing 2-1 to Elko in the semifinal on Friday.
Check back for more information and the girls' regional championship results.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City