Truckee soccer | JV girls dominate Portola, Sparks
October 18, 2010
The Truckee JV girls’ soccer team defeated Portola and South Tahoe in recent action.
On Tuesday at Riverview Park in Truckee, the Wolverines scored three goals within the first 10 minutes of the game en route to a dominant 6-0 win.
Within minutes of the whistle Sara Lade chipped the ball over the goalie’s head for the first goal. Sarah Williams then had a breakaway and lined up Ashley Harris for the second goal. The third goal was scored on a throw-in when Maison Power threw the ball to Emily Houghton, who crossed it to Cynthia Santana.
Coach Katie named Shelby Matthews as the game’s MVP for her accurate passing and valiant defense, setting up many opportunities for the team. Another goal was set up when Harris dribbled through three defenders and passed off to Santana for the fourth goal. The fifth goal was scored by when Power chipped Gina Bauerline the ball. The final goal was scored by Quinn Parker on a penalty kick.
Last Saturday the Lady Wolverines traveled to South Lake Tahoe to play Sparks. Goals were scored by Harris, Emily Houghton, Lauren Huseby and two by Matthews. Assists for the goals were made by Huseby, Lade and Matthews.
and#8212; This article was e-mailed to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week