Truckee softball: Vaqueros overwhelm host Wolverines
April 23, 2009
TRUCKEE ” The Wolverines were roughed up by Fernley, 13-1, on their home field as the Vaqueros improved to 10-0 in the Northern 3A and 18-1 overall.
The loss dropped Truckee to 5-8 in league and 8-13 overall.
Fernley jumped all over the Wolverines from the get-go, scoring seven runs in the first inning off starting pitcher Stacey Brenes.
The Vaqueros added two runs in the fourth and four more in the fifth to enforce the 10-run mercy rule.
“They hit the ball well and they’re a very well-coached team,” said Truckee coach Martin Davy. “They’ve also been playing together a long time.”
Truckee picked up a run in the bottom of the fourth on a single by Miranda Baker that drove in Kaycie Jones. Baker and Jones each had one hit in the game, as well as Amber Davy and Natalya Jones. Davy had Truckee’s only extra-base hit, a double.
Recommended Stories For You
Truckee hitting ” Miranda Baker 1-2, RBI; Amber Davy 1-3, 2B; Kaycie Jones 1-3, run; Natalya Jones 1-3.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Lake Tahoe bike ride raises $4.7 million for cancer research