Truckee softball | Vikings sweep makeup series
May 8, 2014
The Truckee softball team came up a run short in two of its three games in a makeup series against South Tahoe on Monday and Wednesday.
After being edged 7-6 on Monday, the Wolverines came back to knot the score at 10-10 late in Game 1 of Wednesday's doubleheader. But the visiting Vikings eked out the 11-10 win, then completed the series sweep with an 11-1 win in Game 2.
"(It was) a great effort by all players involved," said Truckee coach Chris Simpson. "We as a team have been talking about two things specifically we can control, attitude and effort. Truckee showed great attitude and 110 percent effort."
Simpson said he and his coaching staff look forward to a successful season next year as the Wolverines continue to rebuild their program.
"All of the coaches are very proud of each and every player never giving up," he said. "Truckee has come along way this season. I think we surprised the opposition each week with our determination."
Truckee, which graduates seven seniors but returns eight players, will end the season with a three-game home series against Fernley on Friday (3 p.m.) and Saturday (11 a.m., 1 p.m.).
Trending In: Sports
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots