Truckee softball: Wolverines drop playoff game at Spring Creek
May 15, 2010
The Truckee varsity softball team dropped game one of their best-of-three game series at Spring Creek on Friday, 4-0.
Entering the Northern 3A regional tournament as the sixth seed, the Wolverine bats just couldn’t catch up to Spartan pitcher Jordan Garcia, as they were limited to just three hits while striking out 14 times.
Truckee pitcher Rachel Zissimos threw a great game herself, going six innings, allowing four runs on seven hits and three walks while striking out seven.
But Spring Creek hitters did just enough to win, scoring two runs in the thrid, and two more in the fifth to take the win.
Truckee third-baseman Krysta Murphy led the Wolverines at the plate, going 2 for 2. Zissimos added the Wolverines’ third hit.
Truckee plays the Spartans again on Saturday a win-or-go-home situation. The Wolverines must win both games on Saturday in order to advance to the state championship tournament next weekend.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Truckee girls end skid, top Dayton
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City